VirtuEd User/Registrant Agreements
Terms of Service
Please read the following terms of service agreement carefully. By accessing or using our sites and services, you hereby agree to be bound by all terms in this agreement. If you do not expressly agree to all of the terms and conditions, please do not access or use our site or services.
To register and become a “member” of the Site, you must be at least 18 years of age to enter into and form a legally binding contract.
When you register, VirtuEd may collect information such as your name, e-mail address, gender, mailing address, occupation, industry, teaching certificate, and personal interests. From parents, we may also collect user-submitted information related to minors in their custody (“Students”), such as their grade level, subjects they are looking for tutoring services in, and other information. You can edit your account information at any time. Once you register with VirtuEd and sign in to our Services, you are no longer anonymous to us.
Furthermore, the registering party hereby acknowledges, understands and agrees to:
- Furnish factual, correct, current and complete information with regards to yourself as may be requested by the data registration process, and
- Maintain and promptly update your registration and profile information in an effort to maintain accuracy and completeness at all times.
- If anyone knowingly provides any information of a false, untrue, inaccurate or incomplete nature, VirtuEd will have sufficient grounds and rights to suspend or terminate the member in violation of this aspect of the Agreement, and as such refuse any and all current or future use of VirtuEd services.
When you set up an account, you are the sole authorized user of your account. You shall be responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your password and for all activities that transpire on or within your account. It is your responsibility for any act or omission of any user(s) that access your account information that, if undertaken by you, would be deemed a violation of the terms of service. It shall be your responsibility to notify VirtuEd immediately if you notice any unauthorized access or use of your account or password or any other breach of security. VirtuEd shall not be held liable for any loss and/or damage arising from any failure to comply with this term and/or condition of the terms of service.
You agree to not utilize VirtuEd services for any of the following activities:
- uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any content that shall be deemed unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy or which is hateful, and/or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- causing harm to minors in any manner whatsoever;
- impersonating any individual or entity, including, but not limited to, any VirtuEd officials, forum leaders, guides or hosts or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting any affiliation with an individual or entity;
- forging captions, headings or titles or otherwise offering any content that you personally have no right to pursuant to any law nor having any contractual or fiduciary relationship with;
- uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise offering any such content that may infringe upon any patent, copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary or intellectual rights of any other party;
- uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise offering any content that you do not personally have any right to offer pursuant to any law or in accordance with any contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise offering any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional flyers, “junk mail,” “spam,” or any other form of solicitation, except in any such areas that may have been designated for such purpose;
- uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise offering any source that may contain a software virus or other computer code, any files and/or programs which have been designed to interfere, destroy and/or limit the operation of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunication equipment;
- disrupting the normal flow of communication, or otherwise acting in any manner that would negatively affect other users’ ability to participate in any real time interactions;
- interfering with or disrupting any VirtuEd Services, servers and/or networks that may be connected or related to our website, including, but not limited to, the use of any device software and/or routine to bypass the robot exclusion headers;
- intentionally or unintentionally violating any local, state, federal, national or international law, including, but not limited to, rules, guidelines, and/or regulations decreed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, in addition to any rules of any nation or other securities exchange, that would include without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- providing informational support or resources, concealing and/or disguising the character, location, and or source to any organization delegated by the United States government as a “foreign terrorist organization” in accordance to Section 219 of the Immigration Nationality Act;
- “stalking” or with the intent to otherwise harass another individual; and/or
- collecting or storing of any personal data relating to any other member or user in connection with the prohibited conduct and/or activities which have been set forth in the aforementioned paragraphs.
VirtuEd herein reserves the right to pre-screen, refuse and/or delete any content currently available through our Services. In addition, we reserve the right to remove and/or delete any such content that would violate the terms of service or which would otherwise be considered offensive to other visitors, users and/or members.
VirtuEd herein reserves the right to access, preserve and/or disclose member account information and/or content if it is requested to do so by law or in good faith belief that any such action is deemed reasonably necessary for:
- compliance with any legal process;
- enforcement of the TOS;
- responding to any claim that therein contained content is in violation of the rights of any third party;
- responding to requests for customer service; or
- protecting the rights, property or the personal safety of VirtuEd, its visitors, users and members, including the general public.
VirtuEd herein reserves the right to include the use of security components that may permit digital information or material to be protected, and that such use of information and/or material is subject to usage guidelines and regulations established by VirtuEd or any other content providers supplying content services to VirtuEd. You are hereby prohibited from making any attempt to override or circumvent any of the embedded usage rules in our Services. Furthermore, unauthorized reproduction, publication, distribution, or exhibition of any information or materials supplied by our Services, despite whether done so in whole or in part, is expressly prohibited.
All users and/or members herein agree to insure and hold VirtuEd, LLC, our subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, officers, partners and/or licensors blameless or not liable for any claim or demand, which may include, but is not limited to, reasonable attorney fees made by any third party which may arise from any content a member or user of our site may submit, post, modify, transmit or otherwise make available through our Services, the use of VirtuEd Services or your connection with these Services, your violations of the Terms of Service and/or your violation of any such rights of another person.
Practices and Processes
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Once booked, you can reschedule an appointment using the scheduling tool found on your parent dashboard. For maximum effectiveness if you need to reschedule any appointments, please do so within 48 hours of the booked appointment to allow the tutor to update and maximize their available timeslots.
If you need to cancel an appointment for any reason, you can do so at any time prior to 48 hours in advance of the appointment without incurring cancellation fees. For sessions cancelled within 48 hours of the appointment, a cancellation fee in the amount of the full session fee will be charged.
Services and Fees for Services
Parents agree to book sessions with VirtuEd tutors using the VirtuEd online scheduling tools. No sessions should be booked verbally or outside of using the online tool.
Fees for services booked with VirtuEd tutors are to be remitted only through the VirtuEd online payment platform. Parent agrees not to offer any form of payment that does not remit through the VirtuEd platform.
If parent wishes to have the tutor share any information regarding your student with any classroom teacher or any other tutor that may or may not offer services through the VirtuEd platform, they must provide their consent in writing to VirtuEd via the appropriate Release form.
Booked sessions with tutors can be recorded for quality assurance purposes. Recorded session files can be placed on the parent dashboard for access by the parent/student. Parents can elect to forego the recorded sessions.